Two members of the Paediatric Continence Forum, ERIC and Bladder & Bowel UK have published new guidance for school leaders, proprietors, governors, staff and practitioners. The document provides best practice regarding bladder and bowel issues and toileting in schools.
The guidance is supported by a short film and provides clear, concise guidance for school leaders, proprietors, governors, staff and practitioners. Topics covered include:
- How to promote good bladder and bowel health in schools
- Hygiene standards / provision of school toilets
- Managing incontinence in schools
- National legislation for the four countries of the UK
- Continence policy and care plans (sample policy and plan are provided)